Our service is conducted by analysts who are experts in the field of digital forensics, having worked on behalf of some of the leading UK Police Forces and Security Agencies.
With more and more of our systems moving online, digital security is More important than ever. With cyber attack methods evolving as fast as technology, it’s vital to be one step ahead with security measures.
Penetration testing is an essential security measurement for UK organisations of all sizes, and it provides your clients and customers with the confidence that their data is secure in an age where IT Infrastructure is a key element of any business. It’s a core service provided by our IT security company, to prevent cyber-attacks, and protect your vital information. Penetration testing is comprehensive and will test the effectiveness of existing security measures whilst identifying gaps and vulnerabilities. Following the review, we will complete a comprehensive and concise report. Plus, if any vulnerabilities are discovered, our specialists can work with you to fix them if you require. We will work with you to ensure you are compliant and have the right protection in place to protect your staff and your customers’ sensitive information.
How Penetration Testing Works
Our company uses penetration testing to stage a simulated cyber attack against your systems. It’s a highly effective way of exposing areas of weakness with the potential to be exploited. Our security specialists will use the information from this test to inform next steps of protection for your business. Our testing process happens in five stages:
- Information gathering – To start with, we develop a plan for the penetration test. We explore your systems and gain intelligence that familiarises us with how you work.
- Scanning – During this stage, our specialists will gain information on how your systems react to attempts to breach security. This gives us an idea of how strong your existing security measures are. We scan your systems to better understand what services are running to find potential vulnerabilities in your network.
- Gaining Access – We use a range of attack methods to target your online systems. This is where your vulnerabilities are revealed and identified. During this stage of penetration testing, we gain a deep understanding of how a potential attack could affect your applications and online systems.
- Maintaining Access – During this stage, our specialists will attempt to achieve a longer lasting access to emulate a threat actor.
- Reporting – This final stage of penetration testing involves gathering all the information we have gathered into an in-depth report. This report will contain specific details of the weaknesses revealed in your systems, and the information that we were able to access, as well as the length of time we could hide inside the network without being identified. It is at this point that our security specialists work with you to create a plan of action for repairing these vulnerable areas.
Services performed by our company include:
Website and web application penetration testing aims at identifying vulnerabilities that attackers can use to manipulate your website, use your website in malicious attacks or obtain information from your databases.
Testing simulates what an attacker could achieve with internal access to a network, such as an employee intentionally or unintentionally performing malicious actions. Reporting will outline methods of compromising the network and highlight prevention approaches.
This is designed to test the perimeter security controls and internet facing systems. Testing includes any prevention or detection methods installed and recognising any vulnerabilities in internet-facing assets. This simulates what an attacker could do over the internet.
Automated tools are used to identify vulnerabilities on your systems, from which we produce a report that outlines the severity and impact that they can have on your business. We then provide remediations on how to fix these vulnerabilities, to keep your systems safe.
Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT)
Open-source intelligence aims to obtain as much information about your business as possible, this could include personal details about employees, any breached credentials, IP addresses, services/software and applications used in the company.
Require a free consultation? Contact us today
To book your FREE penetration testing consultation with one of our specialists, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. During the consultation, we will discuss how our services could help your business solve a case or stay safe online.
If you wish to provide feedback on our services, or discuss an issue of importance, please reach out to us on email@example.com