We are recruiting for a full-time Data Analyst to work within our Forensic Cell-Site and Communication Analysis Team, which assists Law Enforcement and the Criminal Justice System. (Prosecution & Defence)
You will be involved in assisting our Expert Witness Consultants through the preparation and analysis of communication and locational data in assessment of mobile phones and other related wireless devices, including GPS tracking devices.
The type of work is case dependant and can include the following:
- Dissemination and preparation of Communications Data
- Use of online mapping sources
- Producing statistical results
- Preparation of Chart Exhibits
- Construction of Call Mapping Exhibits
- Preparation of statements and report contents
- Other related administrative tasks
- Mobile surveying of locations using forensic techniques
Attention to detail, a forensic approach and excellent presentation skills are paramount.
Being fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office based software, especially Excel, is essential.
A knowledge and understanding of the format of Call Data/Detail Records (CDRs) as supplied by differing network operators.
Full UK driving licence.
An existing knowledge/understanding of Cell-Site Analysis and mobile telephone networks is desirable but this is not essential.
Knowledge of the following aspects would be advantageous:
- Fundamental Differences between 2G, 3G and 4G networks.
- GPRS, Wi-Fi, GPS and IMEI analysis.
- Radio Frequency surveying for Cell-Site Analysis.
This role is subject to vetting checks.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. CVs will only be filed for the application process and will be deleted thereafter. Do not hesitate to apply for other SYTECH job vacancies that become available.
SYTECH – Digital Forensics is an equal opportunity employer