HR Manager – Permanent Full-Time
Experience Level: Intermediate
Location: SYTECH Offices, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire with Free Car Parking
Salary: Up to £40,000pa
This is a new dedicated role with an established, high growth company providing digital forensic services to UK Police. The company success is based upon delivery of excellence and a ‘can-do’ approach to client and regulatory requirements. HR management plays a pivotal role in the effective operation of the company.
As a part of the senior management team you will be involved in major business decisions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to take responsibility at our Head Office for all aspects of the HR function, including the planning, implementation and recording of on-going staff training and competency in line with ISO-17025 standards. You will possess an up to date understanding of employment legislation and best practice. Occasional travel to our branch offices in Warwickshire and South Wales will be necessary.
Experience of working within a professional services or IT environment will be an advantage.
- Manage the recruitment process (devise and maintain our online rec, liaison with University forensic faculties, briefing agencies, setting up and conducting interviews, obtaining feedback, issuing offer letters, job contracts), ensuring integrity and providing an efficient flow of information between stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage the induction of new staff in close liaison with their Line Manager and working with other departments to ensure consistency of delivery.
- Work closely with the various line managers to undertake training needs analysis and follow up training including effective induction of all new staff
- Facilitate the performance management processes and implementation of the company’s on-going training and competency framework.
- Assist with initiatives to develop the company’s people and culture to meet the demands of a fast-growing company and a fast changing business environment.
- Support and develop line management in handling absence and disciplinary cases.
- Provide monthly reports to Payroll. Deal with general correspondence, administering and monitoring sickness, maternity/paternity leave, holidays, overtime, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all staff, providing support and assistance to all staff including general welfare and wellbeing.
- Advise and facilitate grievance and disciplinary procedures in line with the company’s policies, reflecting ACAS guidance at all times.
- Help create SYTECH’s reputation as an employer of choice.
Skills and qualifications Essential
Previous experience within a HR role.
IT literate and capable of being self-supporting
Competent understanding of employment law
Ability to inspire confidence
Self-confident, calm and assertive
Strong communication skills
Experience of professional or IT services
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Experience of change management
Application Closing Date: 4th September 2017
How to apply:
Please Email a Covering Letter and CV to the SYTECH Recruitment Office:
HR Manager Recruitment or email@example.com