Quotation for the
Supply Multi-processor server, power supply, 48 Gigabit switches and decommission of existing server
Contract Ref No. STC-FS-001
SUPPLIER COMPANY DETAILS
|Fax Number :|
|Point of Contact in Relation to this Quotation:|
|E-mail address of Point of Contact:|
Systems Technology Consultants Limited, trading as SYTECH are based in Stoke on Trent and provide forensic digital analysis to the public sector. Due to business growth we require a Multi-processor server, with power supply and 48 Gigabit switches. Decommission of the existing server and migration of data is also required.
SYTECH seeks to replace its existing, outdated network server with something significantly more powerful with greater capacity to provide improvements for data access speeds, manageability and resilience. The requirement is to split the existing Active Directory, File and Database services into virtual servers to reap the benefits of virtualisation. The replacement system will provide significant storage capacity over a RAID array solution.
SYTECH’s existing network server is accessed daily by approximately 70 – 80 staff that are distributed across five laboratories/offices. IP telephony is also distributed across all sites. SYTECH require capacity expansion to achieve its growth ambitions of increasing the workforce to 120 employees over the next 2-years.
The existing port density (computer & phone) is fully utilised. Consequently, network switches require upgrade replacement with additional capacity. All switches need to be manageable to improve security and data/access control.
Statement of Requirements
1.0 The following is provided as a guide to the level of specification required for the primary components of the server:
- 4 x Intel Xeon CPU’s
- 512 GB RAM
- RAID controller
- 4 x 1.8TB SAS 15K drives (RAID 5 + HS) for Hypervisor OS
- 11 x 1.8TB SAS 15K drives (RAID 10 + 1 global hot spare) for data storage
- 5 x 1.8TB SAS 15K drives (RAID 10 + hot spare) for database VHDX(s)
- The solution must include appropriate redundant PSU’s
- Windows-based server software
1.1. The server will require a suitable Smart/intelligent Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS), equivalent to APC 3kVA.
1.2. A suitable secure cabinet/rack (floor-standing) is required to house the file server equipment. [The enclosed space reserved for the server is approximately 3.5’(w) x 9’(d) x 7’(H) with 3’ wide door access.]
2.0 The following is provided as a guide for the requirement of network switches.
2.1. At the server location there is a requirement for 2 x 48 port gigabit switches with 1Gbps fibre modules for link aggregation between switches.
- These two switches will be housed separate to the file server, but within a distance not exceeding 20-metres (this is the location of existing patching).
2.2. A suitable wall-mounted cabinet is required to house the two switches.
2.3. A suitable UPS is also required.
2.4. A further six (6) 48-port switches are required for installation, within the networked laboratories.
- These are in replacement of existing outdated and non-manageable switches and to provide additional capacity in each lab.
- There is no requirement for additional cabling/network points.
The server, switches and other items need to be delivered, installed and in operation by no later than Friday 28th June 2019
The quote provided should include installation and on-site familiarisation for staff (x2) once installed.
A small proportion of the cost is being supported by European Regional Development Funding.
After Sales Support
SYTECH’s preferred solution will be based on leading brand equipment (IBM, Dell, HP) with associated manufacturer’s 24/7, same-day, support packages for a minimum period of 3-years.
Spares to be readily available, we require this to be preferably UK based.
What to Include in your Quotation Submission:
- Your company details as set out on page 2.
- Your price for supply, delivery and installation of the Multi-processor server, network switches and other items and to Systems Technology Consultants Limited, Unit 68 Bedford Street, Stoke on Trent, ST1 4PZ
- Your price for a system guarantee period up to 2 years.
- Confirmation that you can supply, deliver and install the ‘Multi-processor server, network switches and other items’ (‘goods’) by 28 June 2019. Please state the time to deliver and install the ‘goods’ from confirmation of the order.
- Technical Merit information in relation to server capabilities to meet the specifications, stipulated in the Statement of Requirements above. You can include product brochures.
- Service level for After Sales support package (i.e. electrical and mechanical support provided, servicing and breakdown support).
- Methodology/implementation plan for decommission of existing server and migration of data, and anticipated user downtime.
Assessment of Quotations
Tenders will be assessed and scored based on a Price and Quality Mix (Most Economically Advantageous Tender). 1000 marks are available in total:
These marks will be broken down into the following criteria:
100 marks for delivery
300 marks for price
400 marks to meet the requirements detailed within the statement of requirements
200 marks for after sales service
100 marks for server delivery installation. Please be clear about all necessary information regarding this including plans for minimising downtime/disruption.
300 marks for price. The commercial score will be calculated using the following formulae: Lowest Total Price divided by Bidders Total Tendered Price multiplied by 300 = marks awarded. The price quoted must include all disbursements and costs including machinery, delivery, set up and on-site instruction for up to two operatives but be exclusive of VAT. No additional costs will be accepted by Systems Technology Consultants Limited
400 marks available for meeting the detailed specification. Please set out the technical capability of the server you can supply detailing whether you can meet the requirements as detailed. You can supply brochures and or technical marketing documents that will be considered. If you do not supply technical information you will not be awarded any marks under this category.
200 marks for After Sales Support. Please be clear about the necessary information regarding this.
Points awarded under the qualitative criteria will be arrived at by applying the following rationale:
The technical responses will be evaluated using the following illustrative matrix:
Score 5 marks – if all requirements are met and response provided is excellent.
Score 4 marks – if most requirements are met and response provided is good.
Score 3 marks – if some requirements are met and response is average.
Score 2 marks – if answer provided is not comprehensive and below average.
Score 1 mark – if answer provided is poor.
Score 0 marks – if no information provided.
Please return this completed quotation by email or post to:
Systems Technology Consultants Limited
Unit 68, Bedford Street, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 4PZ
By no later than 12th June 2019 (17:00hrs)
Quotations received after this time and date will not be considered.
Please note the opportunity is also advertised on our website.
The purchase of the Multi-processor server and decommission of the current server is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.